Biodiesel transportation uses clean-burning alternative fuel produced from domestic and renewable resources. Biodiesel contains no petroleum, but it can be blended at any level with petroleum diesel to create a biodiesel blend. It can be used in compression-ignition (diesel) engines with little or no modifications. Biodiesel is simple to use, biodegradable, nontoxic, essentially free of sulfur and aromatics which provides for green shipping and transportation.
At States Logistics we have started providing green shipping and transportation methods with biodiesel fuel. We’re accomplishing this by converting our transportation fleet to run on B99 biodiesel fuel. B99 is a blend of 1% diesel and 99% biodiesel, which yields significant environmental benefits. States Logistics Services, Inc. is dedicated to Green Shipping and transportation practices. The environmental results we have witnessed thus far have been dramatic. They include:
- Each biodiesel powered tractor is the equivalent of removing 18.6 cars from the road each day
- 100% decrease in the amount of sulfates released to the atmosphere
- 75% decrease in carbon dioxide emissions
- 90% decrease in nitrated polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons
- 67% decrease in total unburned hydrocarbons
- We are ecstatic with the results of our biodiesel initiative and are eager to complete the transition to our entire transportation fleet.